Accounting Intern (m/w/x)
Grover is the alternative to ordinary - rethink things.
Grover offers a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love - it's the new, accessible alternative to buying or financing tech products. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price. We're on a mission to re-invent consumption, break the barrier between ownership and usage, and make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 Emerging Innovators group of leading companies in the Circular Economy, we are at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products through recirculation. Since launching in 2015, we have reached more than 500.000 registered users and have raised roughly €300 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the Top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
We are looking for an Intern to join our talented Finance team in Berlin.
As an Accounting Intern, you will:
- Participate in the analysis and coordination of financial, accounting and tax matters
- Collaborate in accounting & controlling functions including : monthly financial statements, incoming payments and invoices and clarification of open invoices
- Be responsible for your own group of suppliers (full ownership of all accounting matters for your selected suppliers)
- Creation of reporting documents with Excel and SAP
- Take part in the Improvements of existing processes
- Support the team with the new SAP electronic invoicing rollout
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: you understand that sales is team sport
- Moving fast: you think quickly on your feet and love adapting to different situations
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Intern with:
- Fluency in both German and English (Oral and written)
- Background in economics or similar studies with a focus on accounting, controlling or qualified commercial training
- Good MS Office knowledge (especially Excel)
- Analytical mindset, ownership of your work and great communication skills
- Creative Problem-Solving
- Desire to learn, grow and develop across finance functions
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting!) - genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks