Grover is the alternative to ordinary - rethink things.
Grover offers a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love - it's the new alternative to buying or financing tech products. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price. We're on a mission to re-invent consumption, break the barrier between ownership and usage, and make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 Emerging Innovators group of leading companies in the Circular Economy, we are at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products through recirculation. Since launching in 2015, we have reached more than 500.000 registered users and have raised roughly €300 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranks Grover as one of the Top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019.
We are now looking for a DevOps Lead to join our talented tech team in Berlin. You will drive the productivity, and performance of our tech team.
As our DevOps Lead, you will:
- Drive the initiative to scale-up our engineering department and our system performance
- Communicate with cross-functional teams (software engineers, product, QA, CTO) to support technical decisions and lead their implementation
- Manage and improve our highly demanding platform with the latest technologies like containers, serverless computing, Kafka, Postgres, AWS, and much more
- Improve our monitoring platforms and use this data as a source for further optimization of our backend
- Co-designing our cloud infrastructure with our DevOps Engineer
- Facilitate distributed ownership of CI/CD pipelines
- Be able to troubleshoot errors in apps developed across the company like detecting performance bottlenecks, race conditions, and others
- Be comfortable developing solutions that support the development teams like a scalable notification system that can send email and SMS to customers with a single centralized API covered with tests and builds done by CI.
You care about:
- Quality code and tech innovation
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Platform Engineer with:
- Experience building high-scalable applications and working in a service-oriented environment
- A strong background in Unix/Linux environments, dealing with highly demanding performance monitoring
- A background in backend engineering, on Python, Rust, or Go
- In-depth experience with AWS and cloud architecture
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Fargate, ECS.
- Good experience with Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation, or Chef.
- Good experience w/ Jenkins, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of search engines, Lucene and Elasticsearch
- Experience in distributed systems environment using Kafka and Zookeeper
- Assertive communication skills for effective collaboration between engineering, product, and operations
What we offer:
- Growth and learning opportunities working for a unique product
- Your choice of Windows or Mac, as well as headphones
- Flexible working hours
- Semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Up to you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibility and flat-hierarchies
- An engaging office located in central Berlin
- A diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting!) - genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks
Grover is the European market leader in technology rentals, bringing the access economy to the consumer electronics market. We value entrepreneurship, intelligence, and purpose in everything we do. We’re a team of over 100 creative and motivated minds, from over 31 countries - this shapes our way of thinking and work approach. Open communication, teamwork, and drive all go a long way at Grover. Our HQ in Berlin Mitte offers plenty of space for fun, collaboration, and rethinking things.