Grover is the alternative to ordinary - Rethink things.
Grover offers a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love - it's the new, accessible alternative to buying or financing tech products. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price. We're on a mission to re-invent consumption, break the barrier between ownership and usage, and make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 Emerging Innovators group of leading companies in the Circular Economy, we are at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products through recirculation. Since launching in 2015, we have reached more than 500.000 registered users and have raised roughly €300 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the Top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
We are now looking for a passionate Engineering Manager to coach and scale-up two squads in Berlin. You will directly report to the CTO, giving you end to end ownership to have a real impact on our teams and products. You will work on a unique product and new exciting projects, like partnerships, B2B, international expansion, new subscription models & payments services to name a few.
As one of the first Engineering Managers, you will :
- Collaborate with our CTO, Engineering Managers, and the People Ops to build long term tech strategies
- Scale our engineering culture and frameworks for all our key processes (engineering, product, and people)
- Shape the future of our architecture and tech ecosystem while we scale and expand in new countries
- Lead 5 to 8 Developers in a cross-functional squad
- Take care of the well-being, growth, and performance of your team members
- Plan and organise the most efficient way of working for even more agility
- Ensure a great collaboration with our product team and business stakeholders
- Contribute to our hiring strategy and onboard new team members
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues and open feedback is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
Our tech stack:
- Node.js (Express and Nest)
- React.js (Redux)
- GraphQL, REST
- AWS: EC2, Lambdas, Terraform, Cloudwatch, Redshift
We are looking for a passionate Engineering Manager with:
- At least 3 years on a similar leadership role, ideally within distributed teams
- Senior background on backend engineering (Node.js/Typescript ideally), in a micro-services architecture
- Experience managing teams on a similar ecosystem and a fast-paced environment
- Experience using and implementing best practices such as CI/CD, TDD, XP
- Autonomy and maturity. You are able to question the status quo, and you can take strategic decisions by yourself when needed
- Business acumen. You can see the big picture from both tech & business angles, and shape your strategy and communication accordingly
- Leadership skills: you are a servant leader, who inspires your team members and engage them in our vision and goals
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting!) - genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks!