Engineering Manager (m/w/x)
Grover is the alternative to ordinary - rethink things.
Grover is the new choice for renting or financing tech products. We offer a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love. We are the first financing company whose main focus is the circular economy, breaking the barrier between ownership and usage. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price. We're on a mission to re-invent consumption and to make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 group of leading companies in the circular economy worldwide, we are at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products. To date, we have raised over €275 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the Top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019.
We are now looking for a great Engineering Manager to coach and scale-up our teams in Berlin.
As one of the first Engineering Managers, you will :
- Collaborate with our CTO to build long term tech strategies
- Build culture and frameworks for all our key processes (engineering, product, and people)
- Lead 6 to 8 Developers with different business scopes
- Take care of the well-being, delivery and ongoing learning of our engineering teams
- Plan and organize the most efficient way of working for even more agility
- Ensure a great collaboration with our product teams
You care about:
- Quality code and work ethic
- Tech innovation
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Engineering Manager with:
- At least 1 year on a similar role, leading onsite and remote tech teams
- Experience using and implementing best practices such as CI/CD, TDD, XP
- Autonomy and maturity: you are able to challenge the status quo, and you can take strategic leadership decisions by yourself when needed
- Business acumen: you can see the big picture and shape your strategy accordingly
- Leadership skills: you are a servant leader, who inspires your team members and engage them in our vision and goals
- Positive vibes!
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- 2 days of home office per month
- Learning opportunities - weekly guild learning, conferences, training budget
- Your choice of Windows or Mac, as well as headphones
- Entrepreneurial responsibility and flat-hierarchies
- Career growth
- Modern, spacious office located in central Berlin
- Open-minded variety of nationalities
- German classes in the office
- Fresh Fruit & drinks
- Team Events
Grover is the European market leader in technology rentals, bringing the access economy to the consumer electronics market. We value entrepreneurship, intelligence, and purpose in everything we do. We’re a team of over 100 creative and motivated minds, from over 31 countries - this shapes our way of thinking and work approach. Open communication, teamwork, and drive all go a long way at Grover. Our HQ in Berlin Mitte offers plenty of space for fun, collaboration, and rethinking things.