Jr. Category Manager (m/w/x)
Grover is the alternative to ordinary - rethink things.
Grover offers a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love - it's the new alternative to buying or financing tech products. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price. We're on a mission to re-invent consumption, break the barrier between ownership and usage, and make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 Emerging Innovators group of leading companies in the Circular Economy, we are at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products through recirculation. Since launching in 2015, we have reached more than 500.000 registered users and have raised roughly €300 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranks Grover as one of the Top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019.
We are now looking for a Jr. Category Manager to join our talented team in Berlin HQ.
As a Jr. Category Manager, you will:
- Deliver and implement a strategy for growth by building the most pertinent assortment of products, across all our markets
- Manage all the replenishment and inventory tools for stock monitoring and work hand in hand with procurement
- Closely monitor and react rapidly to all aspects of performance of your category
- Build business plans that will be presented to the top management on the strategic decisions you recommend (product assortment, price strategy, marketing strategy, procurement etc)
- Help build a very friendly user interface, working closely with the content, marketing and product development teams to bring the best of our products and the subscription experience.
- Lead analyses for the category, including promotional strategy, scenario analyses, investment business cases, price changes and innovation projects
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Jr. Category Manager with:
- 2+ years experience in category management, retail, management consulting or similar
- Proven track record of problem solving as an owner, taking on entrepreneurial challenges and simplifying the complex
- Great organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage cross functional category projects both within and outside the company
- Highly numerate and strategic thinking with the ability to analyse market, category and financial data to identify key trends and recommend creative solutions
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- Fluent in English, (German is a plus and other European languages appreciated)
What we offer:
- Flexible working structure. Office? Remote? Up to you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibility and flat-hierarchies
- Career growth
- Modern, spacious office located in central Berlin
- Open-minded variety of nationalities
- Team Events
Grover is the European market leader in technology rentals, bringing the access economy to the consumer electronics market. We value entrepreneurship, intelligence, and purpose in everything we do. We’re a team of over 100 creative and motivated minds, from over 31 countries - this shapes our way of thinking and work approach. Open communication, teamwork, and drive all go a long way at Grover. Our HQ in Berlin Mitte offers plenty of space for fun, collaboration, and rethinking things.