Junior Designer (m/w/x)
Grover is the alternative to ordinary - rethink things.
Grover offers a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love - it's the new, accessible alternative to buying or financing tech products. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price. We're on a mission to re-invent consumption, break the barrier between ownership and usage, and make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 Emerging Innovators group of leading companies in the Circular Economy, we are at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products through recirculation. Since launching in 2015, we have reached more than 500.000 registered users and have raised roughly €300 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the Top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
We are looking for a Junior Designer to join our talented Brand Marketing team in Berlin.
As a Junior Designer, you will:
- Work closely with our Brand Design Lead, Design, Content, and Marketing teams as we develop new campaigns
- Assist Brand Design team in improving and unifying Grover’s brand identity across the full Grover customer journey
- Participate in various design projects from concept to completion within the Grover brand identity
- Pitch creative ideas and produce final design solutions such as logos, banners, interfaces…
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Junior Designer with:
- 1+ years of experience in branding, design and motion graphics. Don't quite have the experience but know this is the perfect role for you? Please apply :-)
- A graphic design portfolio that shows demonstrated experience and critical thinking in Brand and Marketing Design
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects), Strong experience of working in modern collaborative environments (Sketch, Figma, Miro, Google Docs) proficiency with animation and motion graphics (gifs, banner ads, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, whether in one-on-one or group situations
- Self-starter attitude in a fast-paced startup environment
- Fluency in English; German a plus. We speak English in our office, but design primarily for a German-language audience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting!) - genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks