Senior Designer (m/w/x)
Grover is the alternative to ordinary - rethink things.
Grover offers a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love - it's the new, accessible alternative to buying or financing tech products. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price. We're on a mission to re-invent consumption, break the barrier between ownership and usage, and make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 Emerging Innovators group of leading companies in the Circular Economy, we are at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products through recirculation. Since launching in 2015, we have reached more than 500.000 registered users and have raised roughly €300 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the Top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
We are looking for a Senior Designer to join our talented Brand Marketing team in Berlin.
As a Senior Designer, you will:
- Create consistent yet dynamic visual assets within the Grover brand identity: interaction Design, Campaign Design projects…
- Design marketing banners, banner ad campaigns, and social ads for brand and performance marketing campaigns for Grover and its retail partners in Germany (MediaMarkt, SATURN, Gravis, and Conrad) and in emerging international markets
- Design POS print materials for retail partner stores Germany-wide, as well as promotional print materials for Grover and Grover PR events
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team on multi-disciplinary projects with a variety of stakeholders across different business functions and levels (Product, Performance Marketing, Retail Business Development, and B2B Teams)
- Assist Brand Design team in improving and unifying Grover’s brand identity across the full Grover customer journey while leading and mentoring other designers
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Senior Designer with:
- 5+ years of experience in branding, design and motion graphics
- A graphic design portfolio that shows demonstrated experience and critical thinking in Brand and Marketing Design
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Suite applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects), Strong experience of working in modern collaborative environments (Sketch, Figma, Miro, Google Docs) proficiency with animation and motion graphics (gifs, banner ads, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in and understanding of communication design (specifically regarding information hierarchy, messaging, and advertising)
- The ability to work with design libraries and design documentation, clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, whether in one-on-one or group situations
- A strong understanding of the vision and key objectives for your projects and for the overall Grover brand, taking cues from the design manager, as well as product and engineering leads
- Self-starter attitude in a fast-paced startup environment
- Fluency in English; German a plus. We speak English in our office, but design primarily for a German-language audience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting!) - genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks