Senior Product Designer (m/w/x)
Grover is the new alternative to buying or financing tech products
Grover offers a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love. We are a technology rental platform for the Circular Economy, breaking the link between ownership and usage. For a low monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price. We're on a mission to re-invent consumption and to make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 group of leading companies in the Circular Economy worldwide, we are at the forefront of reducing waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products for both consumers and the environment.
To date, we have raised more than €100 million in equity and debt from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranks Grover as one of the Top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019.
We are now looking for a senior-level product designer to support our product team.
- Craft intuitive, elegant, and shippable product experiences, using Grover's design system and industry best practices.
- Produce user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that communicate high level functionality
- Work with user researchers to test and rapid prototype concepts and ideas
- Export final assets and write implementation details for engineers
- Lead cross-functional design reviews with the larger team
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for users, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking. Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Expert proficiency in Figma (If you use Sketch, no worries, it's easy to switch)
- Proficiency in and understanding of information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows. Consistently consider the holistic user experience and potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends) in your work.
- Ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, whether in one-on-one or group situations. You communicate complex ideas, goals, and problems in a way that is accessible even to those unfamiliar with the project. You keep discussions on-track and focused on delivering actionable next steps.
- Begin projects by partnering with user researchers and data scientists to define what qualitative and quantitative data will be important. You partner with those teams throughout the design and development process, becoming familiar with different data collection techniques and making changes to the product based on data analysis.
- Share work early and often and seek out constructive feedback from your manager, stakeholders, teams and the Product Design team (at least once per week for active projects), presentations and Crits — and actively work with your team and manager to filter and prioritize feedback.
- A strong understanding of the vision and key objectives for your product area, taking cues from the design manager, as well as product and engineering leads. You consistently consider how your designs can support that vision, the team's goals, the broader product vision, and company objectives.
- Self-starter attitude that takes pride in excellent craftsmanship
- Experience with consumer brands, e-commerce, and B2B tools.
- An understanding of how engineering works
- Can jump in and commit your own code
- Ability to draw illustrations and icons
- An interest in branding systems
- Interest in tech products, have an interest in what Grover does, maybe you're already a Grover user
What we offer you:
- Entrepreneurial responsibility and flat-hierarchies
- Ownership of your work
- Modern, spacious office located in central Berlin
- Open-minded variety of nationalities
- German Classes in the office
- A fun workplace
- Fresh Fruit & Drinks
- Team Events
Grover is the European market leader in technology rentals, bringing the access economy to the consumer electronics market. If you want to work with a dedicated team at a purpose-driven, fast-growing company, increasing consumer welfare around the world, join us now. At Grover, we value entrepreneurship, intelligence, and speed in everything we do. We're a team of over 90 creative and motivated minds, from more than 31 countries – which means our aims, beliefs, and ways of working are influenced by many different perspectives. We care for individuality and for team spirit, act courageously and communicate openly. In our HQ, in Berlin Mitte, there is plenty of space for fun, collaboration, and rethinking the way the world does, uses and values things.